Our job is to ensure that the team wins by ensuring each individual succeeds in marketing. Our job is to ensure that everybody gets served, not just the people who pay right now
Let’s just talk about humanity. No one gets left behind. We don’t leave people in need. We don’t leave people feeling like they need. We serve and support. I have a marketing law that says no one gets left behind, but in our worlds in leadership which has everything that we do, we lead ourselves. We lead our families. We lead our kids. We lead our peers. We lead our friends. We lead our team. We lead our customers. Our job is to ensure that the team wins by ensuring each individual succeeds in marketing. Our job is to ensure that everybody gets served, not just the people who pay right now. I think about that. When was the last time you felt abandoned or disconnected or wrong or cold or unfulfilled with the company and then went and gave it raving reviews was last time you walked into a store, asked a question, got ignored, and then turned around and bought the product.
When was the last time you bought a product, reach out to them and they didn’t respond. They didn’t hear you. They didn’t support you. And then you were lovingly excited to do business again. Never see in my opinion, one of them, the challenges that I see in digital marketing is that people forget that on the other side of every single thing that we do on every single thing that we create is a human being, making a decision, not a robot, not an algorithm, a human being, an emoting human being one whose decision is predicated on the depth. Or value of the relationship sitting right in front of them. And so, in my opinion, we have an ability to serve humanity deeper than credit cards, deeper than business, deeper than results. Cause I’m going to tell you something right now. If I bring anything from the military into business, it’s that when things get hard, when things get difficult, when we get afraid, the only thing that we have to lean on is humanity.
Not politics, not money, not socioeconomics, not religion, not race, not any of it. Stuff really matters. All we have left is the person who’s willing to stand there with us as a person. And in my opinion, the best way to do business is to believe the same thing. Most of your competitors will cater all of their marketing towards convincing people to buy, or just capturing the 2% of people who are ready to buy and they leave the other 98% out to sea with no life preserver just simply because they haven’t been intentional about making sure that nobody gets left behind.
Our job is to ensure no one gets left behind. We can’t leave ourselves behind. We have to fill our tank. We have to check in, we have to do self-love. We have to have people around us that hold us to our highest potential so we can lead ourselves. Then we have to lead those closest to us. Those people in our circle, our team members, our families, our children, and then we have to lead our customers.
And those people that are spreading our message or awareness or achieving the results and actually changing the world. But none of those say, I will only lead you. If you give me your credit card, I will only support you. If you give me your credit card, you can only talk to me. If you give me your credit card, you will only feel important or seen or valued or respected.
If you give me your credit card, it’s bullshit. And so what you must do is you must adopt this. No one gets left behind philosophy in your marketing and in your business and in your leadership. And you’ll never have to beg for sales or referrals or leads again, because you will building the OB building.
The one thing that transcends. All of it, which is relationships. Now that does not mean you cater to people and you give things away. It means that you understand that humans are on the other side of everything that we do. Every one of those meetings, every one of those, the emails, every single thing that we do is with a human. And at the end of the day, our headstone is not going to have our business accounts, our numbers, how many sales, we made our conversion rate. It’s just going to talk about how we made people feel and the stand we took in this world and what we believed in. And so my belief is that if we take this into everything we do in business, it is a win, win game.